At times, Netgear Orbi users face issues so extreme with their devices that they are left with no other option than to restore them to the factory default mode. If you are a victim of Orbi-related issues and nothing has worked for you so far to troubleshoot them, then our experts recommend that you should perform Orbi factory reset like many others out there.
If you are not sure about how to reset Orbi, walk through this guide. Here, we have talked about two different methods through which you can reset Orbi. Whichever method seems easier to you, feel free to use it for your needs.
Netgear Orbi Factory Reset via Reset Button
- Plug your Netgear Orbi router into a power socket.
- Press and hold the power button.
- The next step is line is to search every corner of your Orbi device.
- Once you locate the Reset button, press it.
- Wait for some time.
With the last step, you will successfully be able to reset Orbi to its default factory mode.
Netgear Orbi Factory Reset via Web Interface
As mentioned above, you can reset Orbi using two methods. Well, this is the next one. In this method, you are required to access the web user interface of your device. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be able to get success with the Netgear Orbi factory reset process.
You can take the help of the following instructions to reset Orbi using the Manual method:
- Set up the hardware of your Netgear Orbi router.
- Once you are done, establish a connection between your devices.
- Thereafter, sync your Orbi satellite and router.
- You can do this by pressing the Sync button on both your devices.
- Done with that too? Good. Now, switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser such as Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Enter orbilogin.com.
- Hit Enter.
- You will find yourself on the login window of your Netgear Orbi.
- On the login window, you need to insert your email address and password.
- Click the Log In button.
- Within some time, you will reach the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Click the Settings option.
- Select the Other Settings button.
- Hit Reset.
- To confirm your decision, click the Yes option.
- Wait for as long as needed.
Surely after going through these guidelines, you will be able to achieve Orbi factory reset success. In case, you don’t, the following hacks will help you out.
Can’t Perform Netgear Orbi Factory Reset?
1. Check the Power Socket
This hack applies to both the Orbi factory reset methods. Check the power socket into which you have plugged your Netgear Orbi device. If you see that it is damaged from any end, why don’t you consider repairing it or getting it repaired? In case, you don’t feel like doing the hard work, then you should plug your Orbi into a different wall socket.
2. Verify the Cable Connection
If you chose an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear Orbi login and the existing modem, did you not check if it is free of damages or not? Probably not, otherwise, you wouldn’t be stuck in this mess. But, worry not. You still have time to take care of this thing by ensuring that a damage-free Ethernet cable is holding the connection between your devices in place. Also, ensure that this connection is finger-tight.
3. Chase Away WiFi Interference
Another thing that you can do to reset Orbi in a hassle-free manner is by keeping WiFi interference at bay. You can do so by simply changing the location of your Netgear Orbi device. Once that is done, check if you haven’t placed your device in a room filled with electronic devices and transmitting appliances. If you have, then it means that you haven’t placed your Orbi correctly. Thus, change its location again and this time, make sure that none of the aforementioned things are kept near it.
4. Use the Correct Web Address
Did you not cross-check the web address of your Netgear Orbi after putting it to use? Well, if you didn’t, then you need to rectify your mistake right away by using the correct web address. Make sure that you are not inserting it into the search bar of your existing browser. Also, ensure that there are no typing errors. One wrong character is enough to lead you to a website that is not the one you want to go to.
5. Enter the Right Admin Details
Last, but not least, see to it that the admin details you have entered are correct. Do not make the mistake of entering the username in the password field and the password under the username field. You won’t get the results that you want that way.
If after following these troubleshooting hacks, you are still experiencing issues while trying to reset Orbi, then you should consider getting in touch with our technical experts. They will surely be of some assistance to you.